The India Analytics Center is currently looking for a Head, Vertical Analytics to lead our Verticals Analytics initiatives across Americas and EMEA. This leader will manage a team of 12+ managers and analysts in Bangalore, India. This role reports into the Senior Director (Center Head), India Analytics Center of Excellence. The individual in this role will serve as a key senior leader within the overall analytics teams for eBay Marketplaces at IAC as well as globally, working with a diverse set of senior stakeholders on two of the most critical areas of business – helping Vertical P&L’s [Fashion, Parts & Accessories, Home & Garden, Electronics etc.] in EMEA and Americas grow profitably and consistently. The leader will help plan deep-dive insights into specific business problems across different verticals (e.g. around inventory, deals, promotions, buyer growth etc.), build a strong reporting capability using technology & automation, and drive predictive modeling into targeted seller and buyer programs for each vertical P&L. In addition, the leader will actively hire, mentor and grow strong analysts who combine technical, analytical and business acumen to solve problems in these areas and providing consulting to P&L teams and business leaders.
This person will develop a deep understanding of the eBay Marketplaces business and eBay site functionality, further strengthen their analytic, leadership, and presentation skills, and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within eBay. They will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to continue building an analytics capability for the organization that is critical to the company’s ability to compete for buyers and sellers over the coming years.
In addition, the role comes with the option to take on additional scope in terms of driving data science applications across the various teams in the IAC organization (Verticals as well as others) – setting vision for data science applications, coaching and inspiring other leaders and analysts to grow skills in the area, collaborating with IT and data infrastructure teams, and interfacing with business teams globally to build POC’s and scale up the applications that move the needle over time.
- Lead Analytics efforts for the team dedicated to Verticals Performance (across Fashion, Home & Garden, P&A, Electronics etc.) for eBay Marketplaces across Americas and EMEA within IAC.
- Provide thought leadership on analyzing eBay business improvement opportunities across multiple vertical initiatives
- Demonstrate strong operational focus and attention to short-term detail as when as long-term planning in order to manage smooth and scalable operation of a fast-paced 12+ person team and the dynamic needs of 2 distinctly different regions with varied needs across various verticals.
- Be strategic and tactful in ensuring that the team helps each regions’ vertical businesses grow customized businesses, while operating as a global COE to provide best practice learnings & insights/recommendations to both regions.
- Refine business questions and develop recommendations by designing and executing analysis
- Work with analyst teams to ensure high quality output: clearly-communicated action-oriented insights based on error-free analytics.
- Needs to work hands-on with data to guide analysts on producing great insights and zoom out and provide macro and strategic perspective to team when needed.
- Help grow team members’ analytical skills & business acumen, and manage career progress.
- Provide key team leadership for eBay’s analytics efforts in Bangalore as one of the top 3-4 leaders in the center.
- Work closely with Senior Director IAC and other leaders to manage and drive recruiting, training, and retention/engagement for the team and overall center.
- Coordinate with San Jose analytics and finance leaders as well as the corresponding leaders in the business/marketing/vertical teams various EU offices (London, Berlin, Zurich) and Americas HQ (San Jose) to drive the direction and business impact of the analytics being done for Verticals area globally and regionally.
- Additional scope opportunity – Be the data science catalyst on the team – set the vision as the leader in the center in this space, drive adoption by analysts and business and grow it to a viable and differentiated offering from IAC.
- (Knowledge, skills, abilities, experience required to perform job)
- Successful candidates will possess exceptional business judgment, strong analytic skills, and superb communication skills. They must have a passion for “living in the data” and be comfortable rolling up their sleeves to get into the details of the analysis, as well as being able to synthesize and provide high-level though leadership.
- They will exhibit strong interpersonal skills, including a collaborative working style, the ability to present insights and recommendations clearly and persuasively, skill and confidence in dealing with people at all levels of the organization. The right candidate will have strong operational focus and discipline.
- While partnering skills with business are very important, the right candidate must also have a strong passion for recruiting, developing and empowering high-caliber talent for eBay and IAC and be willing to work as an influential senior leader for both managers and individual contributors in a relatively flat hierarchical culture of eBay.
- Bachelors’ Degree required. MBA or Masters’ degree from a reputed institution is a plus. Expert Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills, hands-on work experience with database query tools (SQL). Experience with Statistical and Data Science techniques and tools (SAS, R, Python, Hadoop etc.) are not required but helpful.
- Candidates must have a proven track record of successful team leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in business, consulting and analytics roles. MBA or Masters’ from Top Institute preferred.
- Experience in client-facing analytics roles (e.g. strategy/management consulting) is critical to succeed in this role.
- Domain expertise in eCommerce a plus but not required.
- Role will require traveling to US and EU couple of times a year to attend meeting or engaging with partners and senior leaders at eBay on key initiatives or decisions.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.